Re: [OM] second body

Subject: Re: [OM] second body
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:02:54 -0800
Thank you Ken! I couldn't have said it better myself.

>From 1986 - early 2000 all I had were my old OM-1 and my OM-2S. (Prior
to that just the OM-1 dating back to when it was new.) My OM-2S is so
reliable that in later years I found myself not bothering to even carry
the OM-1 body (left it in the trunk in track parking lots with other
excess baggage). This partly because the OM-1 didn't work with a winder
(pre-MD version never modded) and partly because the OM-2S never let me
down. Obviously I carried spare batteries...most of the time. Of course
the only time I would forget is when they would die...thankfully there
was a camera store vendor tent at the track this occured at and I have
since learned my lesson. I now have a backup OM-2S and have an OM-4T on
trial that it looks like I will keep. I have had nothing but great
reliability from my OM-2Ss and niether has ever missed a shot yet. Mine
are both long overdue for CLAs and will get in soon, one at a time, but
reliability and battery life have never been a concern. The only thing
that worries me is if an OM-2S circuit dies in an unrepairable way.
Adding the OM-4T body is preparing myself for that eventuality in
advance. I only need to get more serious now because I am under more
pressure to come back with shots, not because of reliability fears.
Reliability is one of the reasons I still use OMs, but obviously not the
only one.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com