Re: [OM] second body

Subject: Re: [OM] second body
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:33:09 EST
In a message dated 1/16/01 5:46:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, Ric@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> If I am going to change body types - why?

I wanted to add an OM-2S at first simply for easier flash photography than
with my fully manual OM-1MD.  But then I thought of other situations where an
"auto" mode would be convenient: shooting at fast moving objects in changing
light, etc., where all I would have to do is concentrate on focusing and
shoot away, for example.  Or family gatherings where I would rather spend
precious time visiting with family than futzing with shutter speed, aperture.

I can see the value in having just one body type, but do not in any way
regret acquiring the OM-2S.  I cherish my OM-1MD.  I am rapidly falling in
love with the "new" OM-2S.  I guess if I were going pro, I would try to
simplify and stick with one type.  I like being able to "play" with two.

And NOW all you guys have me wanting a 3rd body, and a 4th (OM-G and OM-PC,
and..... uh, ... uh oh..... more symptoms)

Rich