[OM] K64 Keeping Quality (Was Death of Film - Not!)

Subject: [OM] K64 Keeping Quality (Was Death of Film - Not!)
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:26:15 +1100
I have a stock (still 200 rolls left !) of Kodachrome 64 (process paid) that has been in a refrigerator for nearly 10 years now and it is still fine. Well past its use-by date, although it wasn't "nearly expired" when it was put in the fridge. If any of you are thinking of stocking up, I can testify to the keeping qualities of Kodachrome !! Just buy film that is as "fresh" as you can, and keep it in the fridge (don't be tempted to buy film that is almost out of date if you want to keep it long term).

I shot four rolls of K64 at Mt Buffalo just before Christmas and they have just come back from processing. All looks good !

On my current film usage rate, I'll have enough to last me at least another 5 years !

peter

  I know
Safeway will order/stock grocery items if you request them.  Maybe film, too?

I'm thinking of searching out good film buys online when my refrigerator door
has fewer rolls of film than condiments in it.
Rich