[OM] 24 mm vs 28mm?

Subject: [OM] 24 mm vs 28mm?
From: "Albert Yang" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:42:07 -0800
I am going to Taiwan, and so I want to take lots of pics, and I want
to add a wide angle lens to the bag before I head out.

I see that the 28mm are cheap compared to the 24mm's...  So a had a
few questions...

Do you see any barrelling in the 24mm at all?  I've seen some high
quality lenses (Zeiss) which doesn't show any distortion at all, and
I have seen some crappy 24mm lenses (some old C*non stuff) which
should considerable barrelling at this length of lens.  I would like
the widest lens possible, but not at the cost of distortion...

My second question then would be, how much of a different between the
24mm am I going to notice with a 28mm?  Also, how is the quality (in
general) of the 28mm f3.5?

Thanks.
Albert