Re: [OM] Fast lenses, slow photographers and other opinion

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast lenses, slow photographers and other opinion
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:45:47 -0600
From: "Harry Cutting Photography" <hcutting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Maybe all photogers should be able to do good work with whatever is at hand,
but that fast glass is sure easier to focus with.  It's also sharper
(usually) than the slower glass and, according to Oly Tech Support, is more
ruggedly constructed.  Everyone wishes the fast glass was cheaper but once
you start using it you kind of trade off the cost for that nice warm feeling
in your stomach.

You can trade off the cost even more substantially since the cost of the cheaper slower film is less than the cost of the more expensive faster film you would have to use with the slower glass. If you shoot frequently enough you can recoup the extra cost of the fast glass within a year or so.

John