Re: [OM] Fast lenses, slow photographers and other opinion

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast lenses, slow photographers and other opinion
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:00:04 -0000
>...Combining a fast lens with a 2 series screen makes
> : composing and focusing so much easier.  Take a look through a 50/1.2
> : combined with a 2-4 screen and you'll see what I mean.

I don't have any series 2 screens but I certainly noticed a big difference
when using a 50/1.4 MC recently instead of my usual 1.8, and for the first
time in years I was able to use the microprisms of my 1-13 screen. That's
may be predictable perhaps despite the only a half stop difference, but what
was surprising was that when I went out in the snow with my 'new' 50/3.5
macro Zuiko a few days ago, I experienced the easiest focusing ever. I could
still use the microprisms, though eye positioning was very critical, and it
was amazing to be able to approach a subject within a few inches and still
be able to focus on it. It counters the notion that you need a wide aperture
for easy focus though.

Regards,
-Keith Berry
-Birmingham, UK