Re: [OM] Re OM 35 SP or XA

Subject: Re: [OM] Re OM 35 SP or XA
From: "Alan Barrow" <pinzgauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 21:34:51 -0500
Here are some more favorite XA shots. I apologize for the scans, I only have
a flatbed scanner, and these are scans of 4x6 prints. If anyone has
suggestions for negative scanning I would love to hear about them. I would
love to get better digital images, as these do not capture the contrast &
sharpness or the originals.

Anyway here are the XA shots. Both of are the South Island of New Zealand:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1414735&a=10578522&p=37281254

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1414735&a=10578522&p=36063990

The XA has been a great pocket travel camera over the years. I have now
moved to the IS-3 (originally IS-1) when I do not want to carry the OM kit.
The IS still gets lots of car duty for grab shots like this one in Austria:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1414735&a=10578522&p=36004643

I love the OM, but I started on a Trip 35 rangefinder in '73 or so, then the
XA for many years, so I  guess I have rangefinder in my blood.

Have fun!

Alan Barrow