Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 19:43:35 -0800
Simon E. writes:

<< If Gary's grades keep you awake at night, even though all your photos
are taken at optimum aperture, on a tripod, with self-timer on
OM2sp/OM4/Ti and slow film, then you really ought to consider trading up
a format or two. >>

LOL! Actually, they did keep me awake, which was often the time I either
evaluated the slides or typed up the results. Also, the results over the
past two years of my 35mm shoots "taken at optimum aperture, on a
tripod, with self-timer on OM2sp/OM4/Ti and slow film" bothered me to
the point of Bronica-itis. Even the most critical 35mm technique often
wasn't enough to capture what I visualized, especially at the sizes I
wanted for my reproductions. But 4x5" was too much a step up - in
expense and weight. 6x4.5" seems just right and gives very quite
satistfing results. Enough so that I HAVE NOT even ventured into medium
format lens testing. I just enjoy blinding shooting away with the lens
performance ignorance of my earlier OM-only days. Liberation from
technique releases creativity.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV