Re: [OM] Re: OM 35 SP or XA

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM 35 SP or XA
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:43:26 -0600
On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 08:38:22AM -0800, Motor Sport Visions Photography wrote:
> Super-sharp 35mm/2.8 lens, fill flash, spot meter, water resistant...all
> for 90 bux brand new. Every photographer's pocket should have one...

I haven't even thought of getting one...I have an XA with A11, and like it
quite a bit for its tiny size and good results (plus or minus the vignetting
wide open that people seem to disagree about). The XA is the only 35mm I've
seen that will fit in my pouch when I'm suitably dressed to go to a
renaissance faire (though I have to leave the A11 behind, I usually don't
need it in that setting).

The Stylus Epic seems to be a bigger camera, but other than that, the specs
look inviting. The remaining questions I haev about it: How good is the
lens? How good is the autofocus? (I like the XA's rangefinder, personally.)
Can the spotmeter be used reasonably easily?