Re: [OM] Re: OM 35 SP or XA

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM 35 SP or XA
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:38:46 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Lex Jenkins wrote:

> First of all, forget about fancy flash tricks with the XA-series.  They're
> designed to accept a specialized type of flash rather than the conventional
> shoe mounted units.  Consider flash with the XA cameras to be a point and
> shoot affair.

  That's not true, Lex. One can make a linear flash dial (instructions
are on a site I can't recall just now) and do accurate fill-flash
with the A-11 and A-16. Thanks to the 1/500th synch, you can get amazing
reach out of those little units, specially the A-16. You can bracket
fill-flash as well. This makes quite a useful and small kit.

                                      *= Doris Fang =*