[OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh - revisited

Subject: [OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh - revisited
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:06:14 -0000
Hi,

Isn't it possible that this "white eye" is caused by the retina not getting enough blood? In which case, she should see an eye doctor immediately.

I doubt this, when using the T32 when taking pictures of her:
-up close (up to some 2 metres): no red eye effect, normal colours;
-at mid range (some 2 - 5 metres): red eyes (not very extreme though);
-at long range (5+ metres): white-ish eyes...

In fact, the colour of the eyes was only this white-ish in some 2-3 shots (all in locations where there was little available light). The effect I'm talking about most closely resembles the way a dog's eyes look when lit (at nighttime) by a flash light or by a car's lights.

I think (but by no means am an expert) it is just the "normal" reflection of the retina, and that in her case (as used to be the case with me - and which may still be the case (haven't asked anyone to check this lately)) her pupils are just way bigger than everyone else's in the same lighting conditions. I wonder what exactly causes these bigger pupils though, in my case it was really striking to see that my pupils were substantially bigger than the ones of the others that were in the room. Somehow my eyes (thought they) needed more light than the amount of light the eyes of the other people seemed to need...

Cheers!
Olafo

PS: Karol's eyes were measured less than a month ago, and the optician which measured them made no mention of any other defect than the vision impairment mentioned previously.