Re: [OM] Ebay disclosures: [was RE: Bad experience 35SPn

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay disclosures: [was RE: Bad experience 35SPn
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 04:56:13 EST
Warren wrote:

>To agree somewhat with what you are saying, most sellers are >incredibly
>unresponsive to my questions. If I ask a question about a certain lens >that
>is known to have a sticky diaphragm or lens separation, they just >ignore me
>and retort with some platitudes or some such nonsense. But you can >usually
>get a sense of whether or not they are out to rip you off or are just
>clueless.

My experience too, Warren.  If I ask say, four questions, and the seller
answers only one of them, or all four with a vague "Camera is in great
shape", for example, I simply don't bid on the item at all.  Something is
fishy with it, and the seller knows it and doesn't want to be honest about it.

Rich