Re: [OM] Ebay disclosures: [was RE: Bad experience 35SPn

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay disclosures: [was RE: Bad experience 35SPn
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:25:24 EST
Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx writes:

> I would ask the seller what was up and they would say "you never asked",
>  eventhough I have email evidence that totally contradicts the crooks words.

Well, if you did ask the question, and you paid with Visa or M/C you might
have some recourse. Buying something "as is" is asking to be ripped off.

To agree somewhat with what you are saying, most sellers are incredibly
unresponsive to my questions. If I ask a question about a certain lens that
is known to have a sticky diaphragm or lens separation, they just ignore me
and retort with some platitudes or some such nonsense. But you can usually
get a sense of whether or not they are out to rip you off or are just
clueless.

Warren