Re: [OM] I must be very annoying already...but...4 vs. 4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] I must be very annoying already...but...4 vs. 4T?
From: Chris Stinson <music4free@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 20:54:02 -0700

(5) Severe cold weather (below about 20F) drops battery voltages and can cause any of the electronic shuttered OM's to quit working, only to be resurrected when it's cells are warmed sufficiently. How long it will run before pooping out depends on how old the cells are and how cold it is. This is no doubt a problem for many other electronic cameras. If you're planning on a lot of severe cold weather shooting, an OM-1 or OM-1n with its mechanical shutter will be much more reliable. It's why I have one of them too. The 3 and 3ti are also mechanically shuttered and very nice, but significantly more expensive than a 4T if you can find one.

-- John

Looks like I might need a 1 or 1n then :) Us Canadians need to shoot in -60 degree weather all the time :) j/k. I was out shooting with my digital camera in -20 celsius weather...so that's probably the lowest I'll ever go. However, it has been pretty warm around Alberta these last few years, I remember walking around in -35 degree weather without windchill...even worse with!

Chris