Re: [OM] I must be very annoying already...but...4 vs. 4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] I must be very annoying already...but...4 vs. 4T?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 20:42:57 -0700
On 1 Jan 2001, at 18:53, Tom Scales wrote:

> The OM-4 is a great camera, but prone to the battery drain problem.  The
> key test is to turn it to battery test mode and let it beep.  If the beep
> shuts itself off in 30 seconds or so, it has the 4T circuit.  That makes it
> a much, much better buy.

I think I mentioned this awhile back...  I have an OM-4 on layaway.  It's
priced at CDN$450 (around US$300)...  not a great price, but given that
it comes with a 90 day warranty and is in good (not LN but good) shape,
I'm happy.  Anyway...

When I did the "battery test mode" test, the light came on for around 30
seconds or so and then went out, so that means it's got the newer
ciruit.  However, there was NO "beep" or other noise.  Does that
indicate there's a problem other than (maybe?) a dead "beeper"???

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

---