Re: [OM] ALERT !!!!! /OM Stylus Epic

Subject: Re: [OM] ALERT !!!!! /OM Stylus Epic
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:36:24 -0800
  If there's a Circuit City near you, run, don't walk there and ask
for the 29.99 Stylus Epic QD.

             [Warning, ethicists stop reading here]

                [Seriously, no peeking]

  [I don't wanna hear about it, either. Gold Stylii are OM jewelry !
   Gold, smooth, gold, petite, gold, sharp lens, gold, spot metering,
   gold, night-flash setting, gold....yeah, I know I'm sick, I know...but
   I was powerless. At least THAT's my excuse. Had they let me, I'd have
    bought more]

   I raced to the one nearest me, clutching the ad in hand, and they
mumbled something about a typo, but they DID sell me one (and would not
sell me any others) at that price. Incredible. US Warranty, too. :-)))))

                                    *= Doris Fang =*

PS. Forgive me for passing this on to the brethren...

Another coup by Doris. Sigh. Three hours later here on the west coast they had already posted the error in the store near the item which apparently lets them off the hook in Calif. The ad was supposed to read $99 which is not a bad price in itself. B&H has been selling the basic model for $90.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA