Re: [OM] Shoot before it's too late

Subject: Re: [OM] Shoot before it's too late
From: "Mark A. Thalman" <mthalman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:31:13 -0600
This happened to a National Geographic photographer, I don't remember who,
but he went to a location where they had found dinosaur fossils in the side
of a cliff.  He decided to wait for better light the next day.  After all
they had been there for several million years already.  Overnight the wall
collapsed with no photographs taken.

As an aside, several of my favorite photographs are ones I never made.  The
sun near sundown lighting a a single tree by the highway on a hill with
everything else in shadow.  A bird sitting framed by a square grid of a cow
fence in North Carolina.  A male co-worker kissing the male owner at a
christmas party a couple years ago...

--
Mark Thalman, markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx