Re: [OM] Yes! No longer an OM outcast!

Subject: Re: [OM] Yes! No longer an OM outcast!
From: "Albert Yang" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:47:19 -0800
John,

Great pictures!!!  And thanks for the suggestions.  I have noticed
that a lot of people take pictures, and use a complex SLR like a
bigger point and shoot, and that's it.  They take no time to compose
a shot or anything.  That bothers me.  I noticed that a few people
have been taking pictures for a few years now, and they are no better
than they were before!!  I blame that for lack of basics.  Autofocus,
Auto Aperature selection, auto everything.  I do agree with you, that
it's pretty limiting.

I have found most of the pictures I've really liked have been taken
by people with Leica's and Hassey's and they have go through the pain
of composing the picture themselves and manually selecting depth of
field, etc...

So with that regard, you are right, I am hoping that the Om1 will
liberate my creative juices instead of limiting them.

Albert