Re: [OM] Yes! No longer an OM outcast!

Subject: Re: [OM] Yes! No longer an OM outcast!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:54:37 -0700
At 07:11 AM 12/18/00 -0800, Albert Yang wrote:
After many moons of frustration, I have won [on ebay] an OM-1n w/50mm
f/1.8!  :-)

(Background music.. queue the song "We are the Champions" from
Queens)

Just in time for the holidays!  Time to see if this camera and Zuiko
glass is all that you guys claimed it would be.

Albert:

You realize, of course, that over its manufacturing history, there were at least five or six different formulations of the 50/1.8, and that each one has its promoters and detractors? Now you'll have to get them all and see which one's right for you! ;-)

(Above is tongue-in-cheek, naturally. But getting all variations wouldn't be that hard -- you can get LNIB 50/1.8's for $20 to $30 U.S. Besides, that's how you know you've "got it bad," when you start collecting 50/1.8s like they were baseball cards...)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/