Re: [OM] Filter Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Question
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:42:09 -0000
John Hudson asked:
> On the subject of filters is anyone able to offer advice about how to
> clean them so as to remove any trace of grease, smear, and other surface
> residue?...

I've mentioned this before but the "solution" for me is Quick'n'Brite
diluted to window strength. Spray it onto a clean sponge, work it well into
the glass surfaces and while it's still wet, clean it off with a clean,
soft, fluffy towel. Works for spectacles (that's how I discovered it),
monitor screens, and as long as you're careful not to let any moisture into
the unit (by holding it glass downwards) from lens elements. You have to
remember that the solution just emulsifies the grease into the water and
it's up to you to remove it all with the towel and not just smear it about.

-Keith