Re: [OM] [OT] Sniping

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Sniping
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:47:41 +1100
I think I understand - but I still feel the best logic for all types of
auctions is to set yourself a maximum price and be prepared to walk away;
in other words, try not to want things badly. I see something, I set my
maximum price, I forget about it until later. I'm going to get it at a
price I'm happy with, or less or not at all. All the options are fine. It
works well when there's a rash of an item - someone gets a great price and
the next week there are three or four of them offered.
To snipe, I'd have to have my internet link running in the early morning
hours from home because of serious time differences - a real nuisance and
expensive too.
I love to watch bidding wars when I'm selling an item :-)
Regards
Andrew