Re: [OM] More OM questions

Subject: Re: [OM] More OM questions
From: "skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:26:01 -0500
Cc: "albert@xxxxxxxxxxx" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Look here for OM-2/n questions and FAQ stuff.

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html

50/2 macro lenses are probably one of the the top Zuikos, but not cheap, they
ususally sell for $325-400 used.  (I count 2 sales over the past three weeks,
but one didn't meet reserve at $352, while the other did at $326.)  If you want
to try macro, get a 50/3.5 Zuiko.  They're plentiful on Ebay at around $125-160
and great performers.  (at least 2 on Ebay right now and 6 sold in the three
weeks from $110-$147)

Yes, Macro lenses are still 50mm lenses with all their general FOV and
perspective characteristics.  However they are usually designed and corrected
for closeup performance, whereas most normal lenses are corrected for optimum
performance at infinity.  Macro lenses achieve their close focusing ability
with longer helicoid extensions than standard lenses.  These two
characteristics drive the price up.

Skip