[OM] Lens Storage

Subject: [OM] Lens Storage
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:24:40 -0800
All this talk of fungus has me paranoid. In the past I have not lost too
many lenses to the dreaded lens-plague, two to be exact. A Tokina zoom
bloomed fungus badly on me back in the late 80s (sold it on eBay
recently as-is for 10 bux...you can sell anything there it seems) and my
Tamron SP 60-300 got a touch of the dreaded stuff a few years back but
not bad enough to effect image quality. Since then I have not had any
problems but at the same time never owned lenses I would be truly
crushed over this occuring with...until now.

I have a few smaller Zuikos that are in nice shape that I wish to keep
that way but none that would cost that much to replace. The two recent
additions that are my racing photography main stays are the ones I am
most paranoid about, those being the Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 LD and Zuiko
350/2.8. The Tamron lives with one of my OM-2S bodies inside a Pelican
case. The Zuiko 350/2.8 inside it's Olympus (aluminum) vault, er case. I
live in a coastal climate that is changeable but my home is pretty dry
inside and not subject to drastic weather changes. What special
precautions would be advised to keep these two wonderful and treasured
lenses happy and fungus free (which will of course keep me happy)?

Happy Holidays all!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com