Re: [OM] Lens Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Storage
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:08:31 +0000
I would put the 350/2.8 aluminium case in storage and get a Pelican for
long term storage and day-to-day use.

I keep my 180/2 in a Pelican with the rest of my lenses because, nice
though it is, the aluminium case for it is worthless for preventing mould
as it is nowhere near air tight so silica gel will loose it's efficacy
very rapidly.

I have heard Tundra cases are also very good but have never seen one
personally.

If you have lost a couple lenses to fungus then perhaps your house is not
dry enough?

Giles