Re: [OM] filter for 350mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] filter for 350mm f2.8
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 05:31:58 EST
Yes-Olympus emailed back with a "no filter for the 350mm f2.8".
It has threads though, but no lead in groove-unless I need to look
closer-pretty sure though.
I show B+W making filters to 135mm at B&H Photo and a Pentax 128mm as well.
I am stumped.  My 350mm has perfect glass and I intend on keeping it that way.
I read in a thread years back about a 350mm f2.8 for sale in Australia with a
122mm filter attached-and this makes sense as the threads angle in so a
filter slightly smaller than what a threaded one should be could sit in a tad
without nearing that beautiful huge front element.  Making it stay there
would be another obstacle short of taping.
Hope someone has the answer to this puzzle
John : )