Re: [OM] Bellows usage with several lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bellows usage with several lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:24:44 +0800
Olaf,

Sorry for unable to provide you a firm answer, I have only used once
or twice to copy slide by using bellows and Zuiko. Long time ago I
copy slides with a Panagor 1-2.5x slide duplicator, the resolution of
it was very good. But without proper duplicate film the color/contrast
is hard to control.

As I remember someone on the list had tested the 50/3.5, he said with
mag higher than 1:2 the lens should be set to min focusing distance
for either normal or reverse mounted. But the problem is the lens
gives higher than 1:1 mag with bellows totally collapsed, so you have
to set the lens somewhere else.

For 85/2 I have never use or test it with bellow, but I believe every
lens with close focus correction should be set to min focusing
distance if shooting higher than its max mag. For slide duplication, I
think the best tool is need, especially a good resolution and low
distortion. If you can't get a 80/4 may be a third party slide
duplicator will work better than a non 1:1 Zuiko.

C.H.Ling