Re: [OM] Motor drive cap for OM1 and another OM question

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor drive cap for OM1 and another OM question
From: wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:32:00 +1100
John wrote:

>   This is crazy! If Nikon can turn out 8000 copies of
> their 40 year old S3 rangefinder there is simply no
> reason that Olympus can,t dust off the NC machine that
> made those bayonet md caps. Perhaps if the list joined
> togather as one voice and contacted Olympus, they
> might consider running off say about 100K to 200K of
> that little doodad. That should be enough to last into
> the forseeable future. Wadda ya say, I'm ready.

I think you might have more luck convincing some other enterprising individual
to make a good copy.

What do you think the chances are that:

a. The machine is still available (not necessarily NC by the way).

b. Olympus have somebody who knows how to run it.

c. If the machine is NC, they still have the "program".

d. They give a damn.

...Wayne