Re: [OM] Motor drive cap for OM1 and another OM question

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor drive cap for OM1 and another OM question
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:58:24 -0500
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 9:48 PM -0700 12/5/00, Garth Wood wrote:

Apparently Giles has tried a variation of this concept already (he and I have been discussing this very thing off-list). He suggests trying to find a materials shop with a small precision CNC lathe setup. There's one such shop only a ten minute walk from my house, and sometime in the next few days I'm gonna walk in there and say "Can you duplicate this in quantity, and if so, what's your price point?" I'm fully prepared to have the CNC operator say "Yes I can, and it's stunningly expensive." But, who knows?

I wonder how closely the design has to be followed. It's obvious you need
the "ears and the outer rim in the proper configuration, but it might be
easier to manufacture if you could get away without the complex profile of
the interior surface (which may be needed for clearance). At that point
some kind of two-part assembly might make sense if you could hold it together.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx