Re: [OM] Need Help from Canada..(OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Help from Canada..(OT)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:12:57 +1100
There have to be ways around this. Charging tax on second-hand items is
plain evil. As I was just saying to Chris O' - how do they deal with loans,
cross border hiring, repairs sent to the US and returned and similar
instances which are simply NOT purchases?
There's a business opportunity here for someone who works close to the
border and crosses regularly to set up a GST dodging service for expensive
items - receive, cross and reship! What officer? of course that's MY
350/28. I took it over with me this morning on my way to work!
Andrew
Oh, and given the trend for appending quotes these days,
Much would have been gained if through timely advice and instruction young
people could have had eradicated from their minds the erroneous notion that
the world has a great deal to offer them.
Schopenhauer 1788-1860