Re: [OM] Tamron interchangeable lens mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron interchangeable lens mounts
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:04:15 -0500
Gary Schloss said:
<big snip>
Interestingly, the OM Adaptall-1 ring has 3 equally spaced screws on
its lens flange (no good for OM-4), and -- surprise, surprise(!) --
no DOF preview lever!  Apparently, this OM ring is intended for use
with the Tamron lenses which have "AUTO/MANUAL" toggle switch built
into the lens itself.  (The Tamron lenses and accessories from this
era are easily recognizable by their distinctive "tamron" logo: all
lower-case letters with an elongated cross-stroke on the "t".)

If there's any interest, and as time permits, I'll post some picts
of a sample Tamron lens with an AUTO/MANUAL switch, as well as of
the Adapall-1 OM ring.

I have a Tamron 24mm f/2.5 with OM mount purchased new in the early
80's.  I have always thought of it as Adaptall-2.  However, it exactly
matches your description above... 3 equally spaced screws, no DOF button
but it does have an auto/manual slide switch and the tamron logo as
described.  I'd have sworn that I still had the box and papers but don't
seem to be able to find them anywhere.  Nothing but the case which is
simply labeled "24 Adaptall".

That box has got to be around somewhere.  I'd never be able to figure
out how to remove and replace the Adaptall mount if I didn't keep the
instructions. :)

Chuck Norcutt