Re: [OM] [OT] Solvents and adhesive removal

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Solvents and adhesive removal
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:56:35 +1100
Also 'sterno' isn't it? I prefer lab grade ethanol (ethyl alchohol) and not
because I can drink the left overs! Cleaned up a bargain XA with it the
other day - in particular the FOUR sets of ten character ID numbers written
on it with something like a laundry marker. Took the markings of both the
painted metal and plastic perfectly.
To remove gum residues from sticky price labels, I like Eucalyptus oil -
but it's not suitable for general clean up use like ethanol as it leaves an
oil film, of course, which needs to be removed in turn with a soapy cotton
bud. Clears the head harmlessly though and leaves your gear smelling fresh!
Probably repels moths, mildew, fungus and all other known ailments.
Andrew