Re: [OM] [OT] Condition descriptions

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Condition descriptions
From: Eric Goodell <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:22:59 -0500
Yeah, I agree about condition descriptions. I bought an "excellent" 50mm
macro lens for $150 which had slight scratches on front element coating,
and a big spec inside, not to mention some play in focusing ring (although
it doesn't affect focus accuracy, AFAIK). But on the other hand, I've
gotten other oly products in like new cond. off ebay for about 1/3 of the
going (ebay) market price because the seller didn't know what he was
selling and didn't label it properly (and it didn't show up in normal
searches).

I guess the best way to be sure is to have big clear photos available and
contact seller before deal is closed. Otherwise it's a (often exciting)
gamble.

Standardization? Bill Gates is trying to standardize PCs and look at how
many people hate him.

ERic