RE: [OM] [OT] Condition descriptions

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Condition descriptions
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 17:44:17 -0600
I'll have to admit to putting appellatives like 'near Mint' or Exc+++' on
auction titles on Ebay, but I also take pains to actually describe an item's
faults in detail or by photograph.

The fact is, success on Ebay is as much about marketing your item well as it
is about being a responsible seller, and some terms like 'Mint' seem to
strike an emotional chord with many potential buyers.

Would I  prefer that everyone use a standardized grading system? You bet,
but that hasn't happened yet.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx