Re: [OM] [OT] PayPal goes international at last!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] PayPal goes international at last!
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:03:43 +0100
I think you are right, Chris, in assuming that international sellers
and buyers will face charges for currency conversion when they pay
with their credit card or have money transferred to their card
account.
But IMO this charge can be avoided: when an international seller keeps
the money after arriving on his PayPal account, rather then witdrawing
it, and uses the balance for later payments with PayPal too, there
will be no currency conversion needed and hence no charges for it.
Of course, because my addiction urges me to buy more than I sell, I
will have to add money to my account every now and then - and in that
case I will fase a charge for currency conversion.
But when I buy a dollar money order or US cash, my bank charges me for
the currency conversion as well. And then I will have to pay for
registered mail too...

I did apply immediately for a PayPal account, and I am now waiting for
an account statement of my credit card on which there will be two
codes which I need to complete the registration. Quite annoying
procedure, I must say... but it will be worth it.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.