[OM] RE: cross-processing

Subject: [OM] RE: cross-processing
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:35:07 -0500
Now you've put my hand to the fire, Giles. I started a reply to Mickey that I
quickly deleted, hoping Garry Lewis would rhapsodize on the virtues of
processing slide film in color neg soup on purpose, which is how I would
recommend it be done, rather than have the lab simply screw up and mix the E6
in with the C-41, as happened to me.

It creates a color negative film that lacks the usual orange mask.  It has
some effect on sharpness (bad), grain (more conspicuous), and contrast (lot
more of it).  I was able to get some marginally acceptable results scanning
into Photoshop and doing an Invert action.  You can see an example at

http://avalon.net/~jdub/c41.htm

I was glad I could passably salvage the image, but it sure wasn't my first
choice.

Joel