Re: [OM] Bokeh Quest, Was: [OM] Perfect portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh Quest, Was: [OM] Perfect portrait lens
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:28:58 -0400
Why the way you have taught us, of course.  Nice examples and lesson.

Gregg

kazuya matsumoto wrote:

In standard Japanese, we pronounce the "bo" like the word "bow"
without the "w" portion (don't stop down your mouth aperture while
you say "bo").

"keh" should be like "ke" in words like "kept" or "kettle" or
"Kellogg" etc.  We don't say "kay" or "kei". I think the last "h" is
added in order to distinguish this word from the work "boke", but
both bo and keh shouldn't be pulled too long.

Japanese words don't have strong accents like English, but the whole
word is preferable to be pronounced with the accent or intonation
placed like the word "forget" or maybe "a Pen" (OM content).

If you want a .wav file sampled from a native speaker, contact me
off the list. (NO! just kidding!)

My two yen. (worth slight less than 2 US cents)

kazuya matsumoto (now I want to know how English speakers pronounce
this word)