Re: [OM] Perfect portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect portrait lens
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:14:06 +0000
Apart from differences in resolution and contrast, lenses can have
differences in the way out of focus areas appear.

Here is an example of such differences -
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1143478&a=8397561

There are two pics of the same water droplets taken with two different
lenses.  They were set to the same aperture.  There is a readily apparent
difference in the appearance of the out of focus areas.  In one, the out
of focus areas appear smoother and it is easier to determine the shape of
out of focus objects.

Giles