[OM] Bokeh Quest, Was: [OM] Perfect portrait lens

Subject: [OM] Bokeh Quest, Was: [OM] Perfect portrait lens
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:46:50 -0400
Lex, Gary, Giles, Joel, Simon, Theodore, Alvin, John, Paul, George...

Thanks so much for helping me down the path of fuzzy learning. The pebbles
are becoming clearer, yet their highly polished highlights reveal much about
the lens, both near and far. I am begining to understand and appreciate the
sometimes not so subtle effects of blur, or more elegantly, bokeh. Your
honest and open offerings in forms ranging from the 'blank stare' to the
elequent passage and technical forward have provided an awakening. Isn't it
ironic that this subject should be so difficult to bring into focus.... or
is it?

Thanks all, and if any of your really know how to pronounce 'bokeh', please
let me know. I'm prettey sure it's not 'zwei bak'!

--Mickey