Re: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy (was: OM-3Ti)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy (was: OM-3Ti)
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:21:13 EDT
lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My decade-old T70 LCDs are fine, and probably
 will be for years to come.

        I have some test equpment in which the LCD's went completely black.
They are about 22 years old but I don't know when exactly they went black.
The equipent was not overheated or stored badly or even used much. I have a
calculator that has a 32 character LCD (yellow filter) that is about 19 years
old and still functions.
        The OMPC LED display should in theory last much longer than an OM2S's
LCD but dead displays seem more common on them.  Follow Doris's lead enjoy
using your camera and don't worry.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes