RE: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy (was: OM-3Ti)

Subject: RE: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy (was: OM-3Ti)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:22:37 GMT
I suppose LCDs do eventually wear out (we are talking LCDs and not LEDs here, right?), but I haven't seen it. My ancient Tandy Model 101 laptop screen is still nice and sharp. Canon (and probably others) scared the pee out of some users with cautions that LCD screens may need replacement after approximately 5 years use. My decade-old T70 LCDs are fine, and probably will be for years to come.

Maybe I'm disremembering, but it seems like this hubbub came from earlier LCDs which were prone to failure in direct sunlight, etc. Even in sweltering Texas summers I haven't seen my LCDs look a bit different from normal.

But I do have all-manual-everything backups. Not that I'm worried or anything.