Re: [OM] TOPE comments

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE comments
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:25:31 GMT
I should clarify that I meant whether it's appropriate for a photographer/artist to critique or interpret his/her *own* image.

Lex
===

From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:33:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:23:48 GMT, Lex Jenkins wrote:

>And who knows whether it's appropriate for the artist/photographer to offer >his/her own thought on an image? Often they seem pretentious at worst and
>incomprehensible at best.  The last time I offered, unsolicited, an
>explanation of one of my weirder images (on another forum), one of my
>wittier peers zinged me with a balloon-deflator along the lines of "That's
>waaaaay more info than I needed, thanks."  And she was probably right!

To my thinking, every photo submitted to TOPE (or any other public
venue) was submitted for critique. If you didn't want anyone to
comment on your images, why not just stick them on the walls of your
bedroom and admire them alone?