Re: [OM] Re: worst piece of OM gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: worst piece of OM gear
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 00:48:12 GMT
Feedback about the Cosina-made stuff marketed by Olympus, Nikon, Voigtlaender, et al, is mixed. On a consumer related site with reviews by ordinary users, many have voiced the same complaints as OM listfolk. At least one student photographer was outraged that the Nikon FM10 was promoted as an excellent beginner's camera when nearly every one bought by her school exhibited defects within the first semester of use.

An interesting surprise was that at least a couple of owners of new Voigtlaender Bessa L bodies reported the cameras failed almost immediately. No such complaints about the Cosina-made, Voigtlaender-labeled lenses, tho'.

OTOH, I've examined several used Cosina-made SLRs labeled by Ricoh, Yashica, Vivitar and others. All worked perfectly. It's a nice, light, ergonomically satisfying body that feels reasonably well made.
Lex Jenkins
"Budda-budda-budda!!!" - Sgt. Rock
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:18:51 -0700

I wonder if Nikon owners feel the same way about the Nikon labelled
Cosina. Do_they_notice the difference?   ;-)