Re: [OM] Perfect portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect portrait lens
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 00:15:56 +0200 (CEST)
I would like to second that. Having used a varity of lenses for portrait
usage, the 85mm/2.0 is what comes most handy. Thus when doing portraits in
most situations, the primary body is equipped with the 85/2.0, while I
have the 100/2.8 ready on a "backup set".

Both are good lenses, being "long enough" to not be too intrusive, compact
enough not to be intimidating and have optical qualities doing the model
right. Yet the 85mm does offer a bit more flexibility, I think, for
choosing position.

--thomas