Re: [OM] Perfect portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect portrait lens
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:40:00 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2000 10:04 PM

> Giles, I tend to agree with you.  Yet, I read somewhere that center
spreads
> for Playboy were often shot using a wide angle lens.

Gregg,

My understanding, based on a brief stint as an assistant to David Mecey 20
years ago: at that time all gatefolds (the correct publishing term, which
most Playboy photographers will point out if you say "centerfold") were shot
with an 8x10 Deardorf on sets in the studio of the Playboy Mansion in
Chicago, on chrome, with a "normal" lens (12 inch, 300-360 mm).  But
remember, those shots are all full length.

Gary Edwards