Re: [OM] bits and pieces ...

Subject: Re: [OM] bits and pieces ...
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:07:51 +0100
Reuben Acciano wrote:.
> ...though the 2N handles sweet
> enough, the lack of spot meter is driving me batty. Yes, I know how to use
> exposure compensation adequately enough in conjunction with CW metering,
but
> it's soooo much slower and NO EXP LOCK!!! Aaargh. ...Has my long term
> love affair with the 4Ti spoiled me for other, non-"pro" Olympii??...

I suspect so and that the same thing would happen to me if I bought a OM-4T,
which, apart from the cost, prevents me from buying one. I've never felt the
need for spot metering but I'd doubtless explore it if I had it, and when
I'd got the hang of it I'd probably likewise consider it indispensable,
which I *know* at the moment that it isn't. I would hate to be in the
position of feeling that my OM-2n's and OM40 were in any way inferior to
*any* other SLR after twenty years of other makers' camera development have
failed to entice me away from them.

On the other hand, I'm quite happy to take out a 1940s design Kiev 4 or a
1970s 35RC without griping about the absence of TTL viewing, OFT metering,
etc., so perhaps I would be able to retro-adjust after all. The one thing I
do miss when using them though is my 1960s eyesight!

Regards,
Keith Berry