Re: [OM] bits and pieces ...

Subject: Re: [OM] bits and pieces ...
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:39:28 -0500
Rueben,

I love both my 24/2.8 and 21/3.5.  Wouldn't part with either and seldom if
ever want for an additional stop.  Even in available darkness, the DOF and
practicality of slow shutter speeds make up for any focusing or light
gathering difficulty, IMHO.   That is especially true with the higher
quality fast films of today (such as Provia 100F pushed 2 stops).  And I
don't use them much that way, though I shot both indoors on my recent trip
to France, with excellent results.  For really dark scenes - nightclubs,
restaurants, concerts - I'll use the 50/1.4 or 85/2 anyway.

Gary Edwards