Re: [OM] Baffled

Subject: Re: [OM] Baffled
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:09:20 +1000
On a similar topic, I've noticed that on my 35-70/3.5-4.5 whenever the
aperture is set to something smaller than the maximum, the camera meters
with the diaphragm partly stopped down at the 35mm end (and pressing the
preview does not close thge diaphragm any further). IOW, if set at f4.5,
the lens behaves as if it's a constant f4.5, but the camera thinks it is
metering at f3.5 and still has to stop down to 4.5. This should result
in overexposure, but I've neverbeen picky enough to check it out
carefully.
Dylan