Re: [OM] Remoting T-series Flash(es) from the BG-2 Handle

Subject: Re: [OM] Remoting T-series Flash(es) from the BG-2 Handle
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:22:32 +0200
Don't try it, John.

It may damage your equipment (heat!) - and it may cause injury too, if
you are not very well aware of what you are doing. It _is_ a few
hundred volts you are working with.
Of course it is worse for Americans who are too weak for 230 volt and
therefore only have 115 volt household current... they shouldn't even
think about opening a flashgun in the first place! <g>

If you really think you will need very short recycling times for more
than one flashgun at a time, invest in a Quantum Turbo with 2 cords
for Olympus T-series flashes and a dual connector. The Turbo is also
what Olympus recommends for use with the T-45 (now the batteries for
that flash have run out).

Second comes the Quantum QB 1+, which can poser 2 flashes at a time
but only through the low voltage circuit fo the flash.

And indoors, of course, a T flash AC adapters 2 or 3 will solve your
problem (together with the bounce grip you already have).

Good luck

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland