Re: [OM] OMs vs Nikon FM2

Subject: Re: [OM] OMs vs Nikon FM2
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:23:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Enrique Cabrera wrote:

> On the other hand, I've been recommended by many the FM2 in endless
> praise. Please convince me I am totally wrong, for I am weak and
> dispaired! Do I get the same for the price paying?

   I have and use FM-2n's AND Olympus. The FM-2n (and before that I
owned an FM also). It's the analog of the OM-1n. I find the viewfinder
a little dimmer than the OM-1,2,3's, similar to the PC, IMO. It's a
sturdy body, and handles fairly well. My main problem with the FM/FM2n's
is that OM-2000 like shutter-lock/wind lever "feature". I manage to miss
a lot of shots because I failed to notice the lever's "in". AAaack.
Its shutter is loud and high-pitched. Obnoxious, to be precise.
The MD-12 is much heavier than a Winder 2. What I DO like about the
FM-2n is that sweet 1/250th synch speed. If you like fill-flash work,
and I do, this is something OM's just don't do well. Buy both.

                            *= Doris Fang =*