Re: [OM] Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:52:38 +0100
Roger Skully wrote:
<SNIP>
> Have fun. Watch and learn...forget all the equipment nonsense and
concentrate
> on the images you have to take.

>From my year of doing weddings in the '70s I'd agree with that. I started
off with just a Minolta Autocord TLR, a Velbon tripod and a powerful Braun
flashgun. One thing that annoyed me was having to change films in the middle
of doing the groups so I replaced the Autocord with a Zenith 80 (Russian
Hasselblad) with two backs. I never felt the need for other lenses.

People get bored very quickly with hanging about so I found it important to
move things along as quickly as possible, and changing lenses and stuff
would have impeded that. The best accessory I had was my wife, who
shepherded the subjects in and out of frame, and guarded the tripod while
the camera was off it for the inside flash shots. She kept plastic clothes
pegs in her pocket for windy days to hold down the veil, etc. I could
possibly have coped without her but luckily I never had to try.

Regards,
Keith